Google Map

Friday, July 10, 2009

Start line details

Before dawn, the crazy one-day riders (I love your zeal) will head out between 4:45 a.m. and 5:15 a.m., exiting south onto Montlake Boulevard from the University of Washington's E1 parking lot. They'll try to reach Portland by sunset.

Then the two-day riders (in which I include myself) will depart between 5:15 a.m. and 7:30 a.m., in waves every 10 minutes. We'll camp Saturday night in the Centralia-Chehalis area.

This year there are riders from 46 states and six other countries – Australia, Bermuda, Canada, England, Puerto Rico and Sweden -- according to Cascade Bicycle Club, the main organizer of STP.

Keep an eye out for bib number 8384.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. hey Sanjay, this blog idea is awesome, I hope you get to do updates from the road, I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete